Saturday, September 8, 2007




Hi everybody! As you may be able to see, I (Marilyn) have found myself a pet to hold me over till Christmas. No it is not a turtle but close, a baby tortoise. We have no idea what kind of tortoise he/she is or how old. The only thing we do know is that it is very,very young. I named him/her Sid. My dad likes to tease me and say How is Sidly doing? But I he knows it's name is Sid. As you can see to the picture to the left he/she loves lettuce.We call it a he so that is what I'll say instead of it or he/she. He is very nice and not aggressive. He has a precise agenda: a bath 2 times a week, on light on in his tank all day, another light on for 5 hrs, and a heat pad on 24 hrs/7 days a week. I forgot, you have to feed him twice a day also!
-Marilyn

4 comments:

The Kieffers said...

That's a good looking tortise, but if a Galapagos look out, it'll be huge!

The Kieffers said...

Davis, It's Marc. I'm in Chicago for 6 days for Graph Expo, the annual prin show held here. I was meeting some customers tonight at McCormick and Smicks for drinks. I went to the restroom, and in there was a poster? (14x20") of the "Nash Tower of Value" from the Chicago worlds fair. It's an artist rendering of the glass case, but if I'm not mistaken the forth car from the top is yours. I searched the net and found the same image on a postcard. I don't know if you've seen it, but search Nash Tower of Value Chicago Worlds Fair and let me know if thats it. It may be the very bottom car if not.

The Kieffers said...

Sorry, didn't spell check DAVID, but let me know which is yours.

Anonymous said...

Hey Marillllynnnn Burns....

We like your tortoise...We like it even more because you have it....
We are working on getting Savannah's passport, so we can plan our trip to HK...

We miss you guys...

clark and savannah