Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Kitchen



This is a picture of the kitchen in our apartment right as you walk in the door. We just got the phone hooked up and running a few days ago. The phone is right out of the far upper left hand corner of this picture. We have been doing other things to help us get settled in like getting dishes, silverware, and finding our way around in the nearest grocery store. Yesterday, Mom got a lesson on how to use all these complicated Chinese appliances. Sometimes smart people don't have great common sense, so they make things more complicated than they have to be. I think this was the case with these appliances!
-Jordan Burns
The kitchen is great but Jordan is right, lots of appliances to learn about and they are not simple. The appliances are all Miele except for the refrigerator. We have a steamer oven, which I think will be my favorite once I try it out a few times. You can cook/steam a whole chicken or turkey and of course a lot of fish in it! Marilyn is happy that she knows where the nearest McDonald's is.
-Rebecca

4 comments:

The Kieffers said...

Everything looks so sleek and modern!It looks like you may be needing alot of glass and stainless cleaner to keep it all shiny.
Miele, huh? FANCY! I don't have any experience with them myself, but they are always putting Miele appliances in the those fancy houses on the remodeling shows LeAnne watches. A German import to China, interesting.
Take some pictures of your first steamed bird, I'm interested in the results. I'm sure Jordon will help figure it all out.
Hey Marilyn, anything funky and different at the McDonald's there?
Keepin' in touch,
Marc, LeAnne, and Rhys

uncabob said...

cool, a steamer oven. Think of all the vegetables Jordan and Marilyn will be able to eat.

The Burns said...

There are a few funky things at McDonalds, like honey pear tea, corn in a cup, the Egg McMuffin which they serve all day because they like it so much, McWings are pretty self explanatory, and tiramisu McFlurrys. And apparently around here, when you order a hot dog you geta hot dog and french toast with honey. Pretty wierd. We are working on our next post.

-Jordan Burns

The Varzandeh's said...

Huh, I wonder if the girls would like french toast with their hot dogs? Given how much they love sweets they just might be willing to try it.

What have your favorite meals been so far? Have you guys tried anything new and interesting that you liked?

I sure love the looks of the new kitchen. Let us know how the steamer oven works. Maybe we could start a new import business for all the big fancy home going up in the hood. "Get the latest German technology as used in Hong Kong!" Do you think they'd go for it :)

Cortney & family